Wednesday, August 03, 2005

My friend came back to Japan

My highschool classmate came back to Japan from Shanghai. She had gone to Shanghai to study Pekingese at a unversity in Shanghai about 2-3 years ago. Before she had been HongKong to study Cantonese. She says that she like Cantonese or Pekingese because these language is beautiful as a sound. However, in April this year, the anti-Japan demonstration happened in Shanghai near her house. I emailed to her worrying about her safety. It was written that she felt betrayed by China in reply to my email. I was sorry to hear the news of the riot. She had said that she often asked "Where are you from?" or "What's your nationality?" at that time and answered "I'm a Japanese." proudly. It's a pity that Japan can't maintain friendly relations between Japan and neighboring country China. I wish both nation could lead Asia cooperatively in the future.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home