Thursday, February 08, 2007

Second Life

I examined Second Life yesterday in my work because our company got involved in Second Life contents. Second Life is a kind of virtual world, we can enjoy life in the Second Life world, which is made of 3d CG. We can fashion our appearance to our own liking, of course we can walk, run, sit, dance and even fly in the air there. Unfortunately I don't feel something new. It is true that I haven't seen this type of 3d virtual world but the idea is the same as real world. People buy virtual estate from the owner with real money to live and do consumption there. I can't believe that. Today we can buy anything at online shop though the online shop is just a web page and we can't see the shop visually. That's good enough for me though. I rather interested in like Google business model, we can get chances for free. The concept we can start without money except Internet environment is the key point, I think. There is a parody site of Second Life "Get A First Life".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home