Thursday, February 15, 2007

my strategy for reinforcing Listening English

I talked about the score of the last TOEIC test with my colleague. He said that almost candidates for the TOEIC test get higher score in the listening part than the reading part, and you will be able to get much higher score in the next trial than this time by training listening. I think so, but how? I listen NHK radio course on the way to work and home on weekdays. The level is the introduction course because I like the teacher hosting the course now. Therefore, I had listened the intermidiate course or advance course ever which the teacher hosted. In these lessons, I can listen and understand the dialogue above 50% when I listened for the first time. Listening the lesson repeatedly enables a deep understanding of the dialogue. In TOEIC listening part, the descriptions or questios are read only one time. That is, the candidates have to listen and understand by listening one time. Besides, we have to read 3 or 4 choices of answers and select the best one. We need the speed of reading to some extent. If I would have kind of confident of my reading ability, all that I have to do is to be able to listen and understand in one time. How? I have been bad at listening for a long time. I probably think in Japanese not English when I think something. However, to be good at listening I need to think something in English. I know that but I don't know what is the best way of traning for listening. Anyway, I tried to seeing American drama DVD while I keep doing the conventional way of studying. My colleague advised it. My end is not getting high score in the TOEIC but communicating people on the globe. I wish I enjoy and study English.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home